Friday, November 5, 2010

Oddities - Straight Jacket Edgar (Ep 1)


I stumbled upon a new gem! Discovery Channel has unleashed the new series called Oddities, which follows the owners of a shop filled with curiosities. This shop has sold items to the Mutter Museum and Ripley's Believe it or Not! I was in it to win it when they said that there is a market for partially mummified cats. No seriously one of the items they were deciding whether or not to purchase was a dead cat! Hoarders take note; you may be living on a virtual post-mortem feline goldmine.

Then there was Edgar. Edgar strolled into the shop and positively gushed over a straight jacket. His manner of speech is like Renfield if he were played by Vincent Price.  He needs his own reality show STAT! I would watch a show that consisted of Edgar simply running errands.

Some guy came into the shop and sold some gall stones in a jar, but that part was boring. The episode ends with the owner of the mummified cat haggling with the shop owners over the barter/sale of the two headed cow. They settled on the trade of the mummified cat plus $100 for the two headed cow. Both parties were extremely pleased, and this just one a season pass on my DVR. ^_^








© 2011 H.B. Walker All Rights Reserved

9 comments:

  1. I love this guy! Hahaha, I was just telling my brother that Edgar needs his own show. I would watch it every day just to hear him talk. He is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love edgar I am actually am thinking about getting a sound bite of him for my cell.. I would watch him 7 days a week to just hear him speak.. it was amazing.. I bet Edgar's home is quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know more about this guy! I agree about the reality show, Edgar's manner is very intriguing. MORE EDGAR

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend also just said the same thing about Edgar. I find him way too creepy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew I was not alone in my fascination with Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, Edgar needs his own show, who the hell is he anyways!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He lures you in with his creepy charm, then he kills you and eats your heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. I love to hear what you think, but racist, homophobic, or sexist comments will be deleted. It's not that kind of party. Also please take 2.5 seconds to come up with a screen name, posting as "anonymous" is so unimaginative.