Friday, May 13, 2011

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things: Little Girl Plays With Dead Squirrel



This video has me asking so many questions. 1. Why is she outside in her drawers? 2. Why are her parents letting her play with a dead animal? 3. The dad's reaction is to grab a video camera and tell her to wave to family? 4. Doesn't she remind you of Tiny Toon Elmyra, "I'm going to hug you and love you and squeeze you forever!" (I just realized today, with the help of Wikipedia that Elmyra has the skull of a small animal in her bow. Fitting.)








Finally the title of this post reminded me of this movie I saw on VHS, back in the golden age of video. That would be from 1989 to 1996 when the best video stores were the mom and pop places that had names like Magic Video, Video America, Video Galaxy etc. This was a time when DVD's were new and were kind of expensive to rent, but you could rent 5 VHS tapes for $5. It was pre IMDb so you had to go by the artwork on the case, the description, a wing and a prayer. Anyway that's how I stumbled upon this little gem.





What was I talking about? Oh yeah, children shouldn't play with dead things, especially little girls running around their front yard in their underpants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. I love to hear what you think, but racist, homophobic, or sexist comments will be deleted. It's not that kind of party. Also please take 2.5 seconds to come up with a screen name, posting as "anonymous" is so unimaginative.