Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kanye West Runaway



I just watched Runaway on Youtube. Kanye blurs the lines between avant garde creative genius and bat shit crazy. Looks like he has been watching too many Lars Von Trier and Stanley Kubrick films, because many parts of this video look like Von Trier's Antichrist meets Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange. For some reason this mini movie reminds me of Tommy and Jesus Christ Superstar as well. I think that's a good thing.  I really liked the ballet part. It was really foul how they put that turkey in front of the bird woman. See what I did there? At the 28:22 mark it really started to test the limits of my ADHD, but I made it to the end. Directed by Kanye West, Written by Hype Williams, and costume design by Phillip Lim and Marten Izquierdo.

© 2010 H.B. Walker All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. I love to hear what you think, but racist, homophobic, or sexist comments will be deleted. It's not that kind of party. Also please take 2.5 seconds to come up with a screen name, posting as "anonymous" is so unimaginative.